Making the journey to a new farming system can be daunting, a bit of trip into the unknown.
We can support your journey to regenerative agriculture. We can help you to identify best practice for your farm & roadtest these new systems in the field.
We can provide advice and support on:
- Improving & assessing soil health
- Planned & mob grazing
- Reseeds & pasture rejuvenation
- Agroforestry & on-farm trees
- Composting & manure management
- Infrastructure & equipment
- Monitoring & setting up on-farm trials
- Mineral balancing & soil amendments
- Foliar nutrient programmes
- Mineral supplementation
This includes soil and pasture health assessments which can be done through the Soilmentor app.
We will train you to use this tool, either one-to-one or through our online training courses that run regularly through the year (see Courses page).
– Discussion of objectives/challenges
– Farm maps, existing reports
– Identify fields/locations for monitoring/trials
Soil/pasture monitoring set-up
– Soilmentor: a how-to demonstration
Field monitoring walk (client or with consultant)
– Record locations: controls, points of interest etc
– Take initial soil/pasture tests
Partial baseline (client/consultant)
– Soilmentor, soil tests, pasture assessment etc
Client completes trainings (if not done)
– Soil health, pasture health, whole farm planning
Review of partial baseline
– Lab tests, Soilmentor, site maps
Implement transition strategies (trial scale)
– Select transition options & trial locations
End of season review
– Review trial results & on-going monitoring
– Recommendatoins & field scale options for next season
Tweak & roll-out transition strategies (field-scale)
– Follow-up monitoring: lab tests, Soilmentor
On-going calls (monthly, fortnightly)
– Review monitoring results
– Check-in and support with decision-making etc
We were keen to make sure we had the data before we started and Niels has been key in helping us choose the right software, input our farm correctly and select the right tools to take the ongoing measurements required.
I would highly recommend him for anyone choosing to go down this route.
Regenerative agriculture courses & webinars for teams or farming groups
Interpretation & prescriptions for transitioning to regenerative agriculture
Sign up and keep up-to-date
Newsletters and occasional mail-outs of upcoming events, based on your interests.